Tim Lester Images Monthly Update

From: "Tim Lester" <tim@PROTECTED>
Subject: Tim Lester Images Monthly Update
Date: January 1st 2018

Happy New Year! It's now 2018 and 2017 is behind us. This year marks the 10 year I have been selling prints and my photography services, so I guess it's an anniversary year for myself. This is the eighth year since I started these monthly updates, hope you enjoy reading them and using the images for your computer background.

The first image is from Chicago IL, specifically from the John Hancock building and 360 Chicago - an observation deck on the 94th floor. I was offered a chance to shoot sunrise and sunset a couple of weeks ago, it was an offer I could not refuse - sad to say sunset was cloudy but hopefully you like this sunrise over the city. 360 Chicago is unique since it's a complete floor dedicated to view the city of Chicago with 360 degree view. It also has an attraction called 'Tilt', a glass/metal frame structure that tilts out from the building 1030 feet above the streets of Chicago, I will admit it was more than I expected when I took my turn. I don't know the exact angle when you are fully tilted but it's enough that you have to hold your body from leaning against the glass. There was one adult male who actually stepped off a couple of times as he was not able to deal with the angle - I am sure many people have this problem. If interested in this unique location, visit their website : http://www.360chicago.com

Our second image this month is from a few hours ago, this was shot along the Mississippi River during my annual American Bald Eagle photography trip. Every year since 2007 I have been making road trips during the winter to photograph this iconic bird. I try to make a trip the last two days of December or first couple of days in January - today was a successful day for myself and captured some great images. I still recall the first few years, any bald eagle I could see in the camera would have the shutter pushed to capture an image. Now with 1000's of images of bald eagles, I am critical and rarely press the shutter button unless it's a view finder filling opportunity. Today was a very cold day, which is common - that's why the bald eagles migrate to the US from north of the border where it is much colder, with temperatures starting below 0 at sunrise and staying in single digits all day. Windy conditions did not help staying warm but hopefully you enjoy one a result from toda y - my fingers and toes are now back to normal temperature.

Here's a link to download the appropriate version of this month's image for your desktop, one for standard screens and one for wide-screens. Right click on the text for the format you need and select Save As, save to a location on your computer that you can remember and change the background as needed for your OS.

http://www.timlesterimages.com/calendar/january.html

If you have any comments or requests, please let me know.

Tim

Tim Lester 10129 North Voorhees Road Edwards, IL 61528

Phone - 309-243-9280

Webpage - http://www.timlesterimages.com

Additional Images - http://www.flickr.com/photos/timlester and http://www.sportsshooter.com/timlester

Shop - http://prints.timlesterimages.com

Social Media: Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/timlesterimages/ Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/timlesterimages/ Twitter - https://twitter.com/timlesterimages

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

This list will provide monthly email updates with news and upcoming events. Also includes a link to our custom monthly desktop calendar with information about the image.

Privacy Policy:

We regard our clients� privacy as one of our most important values. Tim Lester Images wants you to know how we protect client information and what choices you have about its use. This privacy policy tells you how we use personal information collected at this site. Please read this privacy policy before using the site or submitting any personal information. By using the site, you are accepting the practices described in this privacy policy. These practices may be changed, but any changes will be posted and changes will only apply to activities and information on a going forward, not retroactive basis.

Note: the privacy practices set forth in this privacy policy are for this web site only. If you link to other web sites, please review the privacy policies posted at those sites.

Collection of Information We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill you specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.

Cookie/Tracking Technology The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.

Distribution of Information We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. We will NOT sell, share or transfer your personally identifiable information to any outside party or company for advertising, marketing or other purposes.

Commitment to Data Security Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.

Privacy Contact Information If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about our privacy policy you may contact us using the information below:

By e-mail: tim@timlesterimages.com By snail mail: Tim Lester 10129 North Voorhees Road Edwards, IL 61528

We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.