Monthly_Update Message

From: "Monthly_Update" <tim@PROTECTED>
Subject: Monthly_Update Message
Date: August 1st 2022

Hopefully everyone is doing well as we begin another month and travel around the sun another 31 days in our orbit. July was a busy month with me on the road a considerable amount of time - I was only home one weekend of the five and this month will not be much different, as I am currently scheduled to be home one weekend again.

This month we have a couple of images that are from the same location, this is a park I have known about for a couple of decades but never took the time to visit. Regret waiting so long but very happy to final stop for half a day to enjoy this wonderful location. The park is The Wilds, over 9000 acres developed on reclaimed strip mines in Southeastern Ohio; it's associated with the great Columbus Zoo - a location I have visited. The park is a conservation center with education and science programs, majority of the animals are endanged species from Africa and Asia and if I recall correctly they have been the first location in the world to successfully breed some of the species in captivity. If you want to learn more about the park, visit: https://thewilds.columbuszoo.org

Our first image this month is overlooking a small portion of the property, near the left edge of the frame is a tour bus taking visitors near some of the animals. Also in frame, left side near center of the image are some hut structures, this is called the WildNights at the Outpost. At this outpost you can spend the night in the middle of a pasture with giraffes, rhinos and a few other rare species. This would make a wonderful overnight adventure and something I hope to experience in the future. If sleeping outdoors amongst the animals does not sound like fun, there are three other sleeping options available at the park. If sleeping near the animals does not sound like fun, there are a many different tours available for you to get up close to these rare animals, the higher prices tours get you closer than maybe you are comfortable being but it's a great learning experience for all ages. While I had various lenses with me, an Ostrich came up so close to our safari bus that I had to use my cell phone camera to get a picture!  Camera Data: 80mm 1/1000 sec F8 ISO1600

Most people will recgonize this animal, the fastest land mammal in the world, the Cheetah. Did you know they can reach speeds up to 70 miles per hour? Most likely you remember this fact but did you also know they can only maintain this speed for less than half a mile - I did not. One interesting fact I learned during my visit, these animals can get so tired after killing their prey that other carnivores will take their catch and the cheetah's have no energy to fight over the meal. The park website lists 24 different animal species and that does not include a few on the property that are native to North America, so something for everyone I am sure.  Camera Data: 560mm 1/500 sec F8 ISO3200

Hopefully my images help inspire you to take a visit to this gem of a park, if you have visited or make a trip in the future, send me an email and tell me about your adventure and hopefully wonderful experience.

Here's a link to download the appropriate version of this month's image for your desktop, one for standard screens and one for wide-screens along with a Mobile Phone Image. For desktop computers or tablets, Right click on the text for the format you need and select Save As, save to a location on your device and change the background as needed for your OS.

For Mobile devices, most mobile phones are straight forward to download images but Apple users might need a few tips.
Apple iOS Downloads - click the Mobile Phone link to open the image:
Without 3D Touch enabled - tap and hold on the image, select Save Image
With 3D Touch enabled - tap and hold but with no pressure on the screen, select Save Image

If anyone has problems or questions with their mobile device, let me know and I will try to assist.

http://www.timlesterimages.com/calendar/august.html

Enjoy the images this month and let me know if you have any questions and comments!

Tim Lester

TIM LESTER IMAGES
Email: tim@PROTECTED
Website: www.timlesterimages.com
Prints: prints.timlesterimages.com

Social Media Links:

About Me: http://www.about.me/timlesterimages
Instagram: http://instagram.com/timlesterimages
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/timlesterimages
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/timlesterimages

Sports Images: http://www.sportsshooter.com/timlester
Additional Images: http://www.flickr.com/photos/timlester

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

This list will provide monthly email updates with news and upcoming events. Also includes a link to our custom monthly desktop calendar with information about the image.

Privacy Policy:

We regard our clients� privacy as one of our most important values. Tim Lester Images wants you to know how we protect client information and what choices you have about its use. This privacy policy tells you how we use personal information collected at this site. Please read this privacy policy before using the site or submitting any personal information. By using the site, you are accepting the practices described in this privacy policy. These practices may be changed, but any changes will be posted and changes will only apply to activities and information on a going forward, not retroactive basis.

Note: the privacy practices set forth in this privacy policy are for this web site only. If you link to other web sites, please review the privacy policies posted at those sites.

Collection of Information We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill you specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.

Cookie/Tracking Technology The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.

Distribution of Information We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. We will NOT sell, share or transfer your personally identifiable information to any outside party or company for advertising, marketing or other purposes.

Commitment to Data Security Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.

Privacy Contact Information If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about our privacy policy you may contact us using the information below:

By e-mail: tim@timlesterimages.com By snail mail: Tim Lester 10129 North Voorhees Road Edwards, IL 61528

We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.